I'm on vacation for 2 weeks to try and wrap up the writing of my book. This will include a rewrite of the algorithm used to do the box layout in the Trixul toolkit; in running side-by-side comparisons with Mozilla's Gecko engine, I noticed some problems in how unused space was distributed among spacers within a box. So, I wrote a simulator and came up with an algorithm that I am now fine tuning. Hopefully soon I will submit the changes to sourceforge.
Trixul - Cross-Platform Development in C++
Read along as I chronicle my efforts to develop the Trixul Cross-Platform GUI Toolkit. Trixul is a simple cross-platform toolkit that will be featured in my next book on the subject of cross-platform development in C++. Content posted to this blog is Copyright 2004 - 2006 Syd Logan, All Rights Reserved, and may not be duplicated or republished without the written permission of the author.
- Name: Syd
- Location: Southern California, United States
Software developer, private pilot, and guitarist living in Southern California.
- This blog has moved
- I've ceased blogging about Trixul, moving focus fr...
- I'm looking for persons who are experienced in C++...
- Changes to the box layout algorithm and implementa...
- I'm on vacation for 2 weeks to try and wrap up the...
- Trixul is now in the source forge CVS repository. ...
- I just submitted a request to host trixul on sourc...
- And, finally, a few hours later, .NET checkboxes ...
- Here's the Gtk+ screenshot. As it turns out, I ne...
Monday, January 15, 2007