Saturday, February 11, 2006

I pulled down the sources from Mozilla and grabbed the code I wrote for a Gtk+ dialog back in 1999 while I was at Netscape. Here is a screen shot of what the dialog looks like:



Looking more closely at the Firefox page setup and print dialogs, they have much of what I did (perhaps my very early work inspired some of this, who knows). I think the thing to do is not get too caught up in designing yet another layout, and clone what Firefox is doing (but make it a full-on Gtk+ widget, one that perhaps could be absorbed into Gtk+).

I guess the next week or two will be spent working on the printing architecture, coding up a Gtk+ widget, and getting my story straight on Windows .NET too. Following that, I'll implement File Selection, which should be a whole lot less challenging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home